Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Essaying into existence

In July 2010, I leave for Cyprus. A year later I will fly home from New Zealand, having spent an entire year harvesting wine grapes in vineyards on every continent.

This is a log of the journey to the journey.

My intention is to turn this experience into a book and place it with a publisher. I am currently writing up a proposal for an agent-- bits of that process will also appear on this record.

Expect wine-related rants, tasting notes, quotes, ruminations, and events, as they happen, in regards to planning a year long 'round-the-world trip and finding a place or places for it in the world of print and radio.

And wish me luck! My heavy breakfast and the process of 'selling myself' has made me rather dour...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish you all kinds of luck -- torrents of luck -- on your amazing adventure.

I think it’s truly wonderful and inspiring that you have set out on such a path. I know it will take you wonderful places.

although...geez... it should be easier to comment on this blog, I had to use an old google account I didn't even remember I had :)

d

Whim said...

Thank you D! And thank you for alerting me to the Brazil-like strictures of posting. It has been corrected.